The client wanted to build a painting app for preschool kids and help them sharpen their drawing skills. Involved in the painting process, kids will develop patience and discover their own world of tones and unusual color combination.
The client wanted to design a creative app for pre-school kids that allowed them to paint different owl images while the owl prompted them to paint further with interactive background sounds. Through this app, the client aimed at improving the touch, visual, acoustic sensitivity and hand-eye co-ordination of children from the age of 2 and above.
- Painting specific areas of the owl image with different colors.
- Incorporating animation into the design grabs.
Solutions Offered by SunTec
- SunTec app developers held a brainstorming session with the client and instituted a team comprising of a Project Manager, UI/UX developer, iOS Programmer and test engineer.
- Designed colorful backgrounds for the different owl images instead of simple white sheets.
- Implemented intuitive and simple controls – easy one-touch painting for increased user engagement.
- Created a smooth animation, visual and sound feed on every user touch.
- Introduced an intuitive Color tool that makes color selection fast and easy, and you can simultaneously adjust the size of your Brush.
- Integrated interactive sound Effects which you can turn off in application settings.
- Included an inbuilt option to change image of owl as per user interest.
- Considering the length and complexity of the app, completed the app in a short time span of 60 days.
Users can color the owl in any way they want while the owl moves and prompts the user to draw more.
Multiple Colors, Patterns & Brushes
Users have multiple options to elevate the design – both in terms of multiple colors, premade patterns and drawing styles as well as the options to color fill big the separate elements of the owls.
Users can save the image to the gallery and create a collection of multi-colored owls.
Share with People
Users can share the painted owl image with friends and family via email.
Technology UsedObjective C for iOS App Development
The outcome of the development process was a (supports iOS 4.3 or later) and compatible with iPad and iPhone. Paint My Owl is a quick, easy Go-To App for children to express their creativity. The client was impressed with the attractive design, color manageability and flow of the app and looked forward to work with SunTec in adding new design features.